To be the Center of Excellence in the delivery of quality, competency-based hospitality training to develop competent individuals pioneering significant changes and contributing innovations in the hospitality industry in Asia and the rest of the world.
To provide holistic, experiential, industry-based, and high-quality formal and practical training combining proprietary and best-in-class curriculum to prepare our students to excel and succeed in the international-level hospitality work environment and culture, and to be cognizant of personal, social, and professional accountability.
- Commitment to Quality Training and Skills Development
- Personal Accountability
- Social Responsibility
Genting-Star Tourism Academy (GSTA) is a Center of Excellence in the delivery of quality, competency-based hospitality and professional development training to develop individuals pioneering significant changes and contributing innovations in the hospitality industry and the corporate settings to which they belong. With a vibrant spirit and bold vision, the Academy offers accredited certificate courses, as well as corporate and lifestyle programs, to professionals as well as newcomers to the hospitality and corporate industries.
Duly registered with the Security and Exchange Commission in March 2009, Genting-Star Tourism Academy (GSTA) has been established to develop highly-skilled hospitality manpower and to support the growing expansion of Travellers International Hotel Group, Inc., a joint venture between the Alliance Global Group, Inc. and Genting Hong Kong, a global leisure, entertainment and hospitality enterprise, with core competences in both land and sea-based businesses like Star Cruises, the leading cruise line in Asia-Pacific and a co-owner of Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL).
The academy has put in place the following, forming part of its strengths as an international training center:
- International Curriculum. The courses are based on the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) through its academic partnership with the Technical and Further Education - Tasmania (TasTAFE).
- National Accreditation. The Academy is accredited by the Philippines' Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), Department of Tourism (DOT), Bureau of Immigration, and Board of Investments (BOI).
- Seasoned Trainers. It is manned by locally and internationally certified trainers who have many years of vast industry-based international experience in the curricular programs they are handling. Furthermore, the Academy has a pool of highly competent resource speakers/visiting faculty members for various corporate trainings; call center personnel development; and information technology seminars.
- Industry-standard Facilities. It is equipped with industry-standard hospitality and culinary training facilities and resources, simulating the real workplace.
- Direct Industry Linkage. GSTA's parent companies (Genting Hong Kong Limited and Travellers International Hotel Group, Inc.) are giant and leading firms in the hospitality industry.
2F Star Cruises Centre
100 Andrews Avenue
(63) 2 836 6099
(63) 2 836 6821
Gading Unit 706 A
Jl. Boulevard Kelapa Gading
LA3 No.1 Kelapa Gading,
Jakarta Utara 14240
(62) 21 2937 5700
(62) 21 2937 5801
The Official Newsletter of Genting-Star Tourism Academy